Joyce is a long-time senior student of Damo Mitchell, the founder of Lotus Nei Gong International. After completing teacher training with Lotus Nei Gong, she co-founded the LNG San Francisco Bay Area branch with Rick Moorehead in 2018. Since then, she has offered the LNG curriculum through in-person seminars and weekly zoom classes.
In 2023, Joyce will be spending much of the time at the Lotus Nei Gong headquarters in Bali. She will continue to teach zoom classes and in-person courses around the world. Joyce feels very fortunate to deepen her journey under Damo’s generous and skillful tutelage and enjoys sharing these deeply transformative arts with others who are interested in exploring the path.
About Nei Gong
Nei Gong is the process of inner transformation. Qi Gong exercises are some of the methods used within the syllabus to guide people through the Nei Gong process in a systematic way. The goal is not the practices themselves, but the changes that occur as a consequence of doing the practices.
Unlike many QiGong classes which emphasize relaxation and gentle movements to improve health, the focus of the Lotus Nei Gong system is this step-by-step process of internal transformation. The curriculum moves through restructuring the physical body, developing the energy system, and then the refining the mind.
Although work is done on all levels from the beginning, the early stages of the Lotus Nei Gong curriculum emphasize structure and body mechanics as the essential foundation for advanced study with the Qi (energy) and the Shen (spirit).
The curriculum takes students through the exercises and practices necessary to develop the skills required for progression in the internal arts. Live classes are opportunities to deepen into the material from the Internal Arts Academy, receive feedback and refinement, and learn aspects of the art that are best communicated live. In addition to foundation material, Joyce will also be covering more advanced elements for those students who are at that stage of their training.
It can be quite hard work, but it is also deeply rewarding (and often quite fun too.) The people who tend to find this training most valuable are adventurous, dedicated, curious, and deeply interested in internal transformation as well as spiritual growth.
Online Zoom Classes
- Nei Gong Foundations & Refinement: Saturdays from 8:00AM-10AM Pacific Time via Zoom video conferencing. New folks are welcome to join at any time.
- Upcoming Dates: Sept 2 & 23, October 7 & 21– Please look here regularly for the monthly schedule
- Tuition: $20/class Please send an email to Info@ThePATH.us to let us know which dates you would like to attend.
- You can use the button below to pay via PayPal or credit card. Payment via Venmo is also possible. Please email to receive Venmo account information.
- If you would like more information, please contact us at the same email.
Joyce looks forward to offering in-person training again. She teaches regularly in the San Francisco Bay Area and other locations upon request.
- The Pillars of Nei Gong February 2-4, 2024. San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay). In this 3-day in-person intensive with Joyce, we will focus on giving you the tools and understanding to move your practice forward by working with the essential pillars of Nei Gong practice.
To Register for In-Person Training:
- Send an email to Info@ThePATH.us with your name, email address, and the course name/date.
- To reserve your space in a course, please send a $100 deposit. Once we receive the $100 deposit (or full payment) for the course, we will confirm your registration.
- Full payment is due 3 weeks in advance of the start of the course
- To pay by credit card or PayPal, please use the button below. If you do not have a PayPal account, you can still make a secure payment using any major credit card at PayPal.com. If you would like to pay via Venmo, let us know and we will provide the account information.
- Cancellations: For cancellations made more than 3 weeks before the course, you will receive a full refund less a $50 administrative fee. For cancellations made less than 3 weeks prior to a course, no refunds are provided.
Disclaimer: The Nei Gong process taught by Damo Mitchell and Lotus Nei Gong is a classical process and is, at times, very strong. For this reason we do not advise anybody with psychological disorders or those with serious medical issues/needs to attend these events. There are many ‘medical’ Qi Gong schools out there that would be more appropriate for these kinds of needs. Nei Gong is also not suitable for pregnant women or anybody under the age of 18 years old. Lastly we reserve the right to ask any student to leave the training immediately if we deem the training to be unsuitable for them or a risk to their well-being. If any student attends a course such as this with known psychological disorders or medical issues that may put them at risk, they take full responsibility for their actions and any outcomes. Lotus Nei Gong International nor its staff will not be held accountable in such instances.